Water Heater Replacement
Having a good water heater makes life better. When buying a new home, the water heater is always one of the first things to check. Unfortunately, like all home equipment, water heaters do not last forever. You buy them, have them installed, use them and with time they start having issues. There is almost nothing as terrible as not having hot water or heating in a house. Thus, having a malfunctioning or completely damaged water heater makes comfortable home life difficult.
What causes the failure of our Water heaters
Various factors are responsible for the failure of our water heaters. Some of these factors are;
- Age: Generally the lifespan of a water heater is between 8 – 12 years. The first eight years are the safe years when you should not worry at all. During these years scheduled maintenance is enough to keep your device working. After these first eight years, your heater might start having repeated break downs so you should start thinking about a replacement.
- Rust and Corrosion: If when opening your tap, the water is brownish or contains some particles then you are facing rust. The material used to make water heaters ( steel ) rusts with time. You can also notice that your heater is rusting by looking at your temperature valve, water inlet/outlet connections, and pressure relief valve. If you notice they have signs of rust then it means your heater is rusting and it’s time to replace the unit.
- Sediment Build-up: This happens with time. The more you use your heater, the more minerals settle at the bottom of your water heater tank. This can cause great damage to your heater as more sediment starts to build up causing hard water.
- High water pressure: It is essential to keep the water pressure at 80 psi maximum. Above that, it can cause damage to your equipment. If you notice a leak from the overflow pipe next to your heater, you might have a high water pressure issue.
- Size and Overuse: When buying a water heater it is important to take into account the number of people who will use this device. In the case where the water heater is too small and overused, it can cause irreversible damage to it.
Why is opting for a replacement better than a repair
After a certain age or certain damages, repairing a water heater can be a total waste of time and money. The repair will not last for a long time and you might have even more trouble with your water heater as time passes. So instead of throwing money through the window, you should give us a call and we will dispatch a good technician who will come to your house and replace the troublesome water heater.
How much does it cost to replace a water heater
Water heater replacement cost varies. It depends on several factors such as the size, the type, the capacity and much more. Sometimes extensive work can be required to replace the water heater thus increasing the cost. Here are estimations of the cost of replacing a water heater.
- A tank-style gas water Heater – The average cost is $630
- An electric water heater – Between $400 – $3000
- Solar water heater – Between $1000 – $5000
Considering the price of replacing a water heater, it is important to choose the best technicians to handle it. Having inexperienced workers can end up making you waste lots of money on sketchy work. Our technicians are highly recommended because our clients love the work we do.
5 Star Best Plumbing offers you the best services and most affordable in Los Angeles. Our technicians are trained, experienced and qualified in hot water heater replacement and many other services. Give us a call and our technicians will be at your doorstep in no time.