Gas Line Repair
Gas is safe, reliable, and helps us manage our home if used properly. Natural gas is cheaper than electricity and can fuel our ovens, water heaters, air conditioners, fireplaces, dryers, and washing machines. According to the US Energy Information Administration (EIA), in 2018 there were 82 million homes using natural gas. That means there are a large number of people using gas, but there are still possible dangers to be mindful of in case of an emergency.
Significant gas leaks can be identified by using your senses:
- Smell – gas has a distinct sulfur smell similar to rotten eggs thanks to the added chemical mercaptan.
- Hear – depending upon the size and pressure of the leak, you may hear a hissing or louder rumbling.
- See – gas leaks can create blowing or bubbling making dirt, debris and dust fly. It can also make plants discolored or die.
If you sense any of these indications you likely have a gas leak in your home and need to follow these steps:
- Open all windows and doors
- Don’t use any electronic equipment, including appliances, garage doors or phones
- Don’t use anything that can create a flame, like matches, lighters or candles
- Don’t turn any lights on or off
- Leave the home and move to a safe location
- Call the utility company to shut off your gas
- Call a reliable plumbing company
Did You Know That the Utility Company Will Not Repair Gas Leaks in Your Home?
While it is important to contact the local gas company to shut off the main access to your home or business, they will not perform repairs. You will need to find a gas line repair near you to professionally detect and fix your leak.
Los Angeles Gas Line Repair
Due to many factors, gas lines can leak or even fail. When it happens, call the utility company to turn off the gas, then contact a professional plumbing company to repair your gas line. At 5 Star Best Plumbing, we perform all gas line related services including natural gas line repair, advanced gas leak detection, and gas line replacement. Our services are performed safely at honest prices. Our expert plumbers have extensive training regarding gas line repairs and will keep you and your family safe.
Preventative Gas Line Maintenance
After your gas line is fixed, you should schedule regular maintenance to ensure you never have to deal with a frightful situation again. We can regularly inspect your gas lines to make sure everything is working properly and at optimal performance. Gas pipes can become worn over time due to poor quality materials, environmental influences, and everyday use. Schedule an appointment for maintenance at least once a year or sign up for one of our home maintenance programs to keep your whole house working smoothly.
If You Need Gas Leak Repair in Los Angeles, Call Us Today!
Whether you need to fix leaking lines, replace broken sections of pipe or install new lines, we can help! Our experienced plumbers are trained to fix any type of gas leak detection and can easily repair yours. We also provide plumbing services outside Los Angeles including, Pasadena, Long Beach, Santa Monica, and Anaheim. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our gas leak repair services