Are you stressed right now because of your clogged toilet at home? Have you tried to fix it by yourself, yet it was unsuccessful? If all of them relate to your situation, then you are probably on the edge of replacing it with a new one. But don’t decide to call a plumbing emergency too soon, as we will still take a few more actions first in hopes of resolving the problem without professional intervention.
One of the most common problems with toilets that homeowners try to address is clogged toilet plunger not working. Though not everyone has the sufficient skill and knowledge to fix it effectively which is why many struggle a lot. With this, people tend to look for reliable clogged toilet remedy that suits best their needs and their toilet’s problem.
Having a toilet that is clogged is truly a hassle and very much frustrating for homeowners as it gives so much disturbance especially to those who are in a hurry but have to take the nearest toilet. But what do you think are the causes why it is clogged? Do you think it still has a hope to be functional once again?
Common Causes Why You Have a Clogged Toilet?
In order for you to find an effective clogged toilet remedy for your toilet, you must first understand the certain factors that triggered your toilet to clog out of the blue. It is highly recommended as it will give you more pointers and specific details on what kind of action you should take next or what kind of repair it should have.
Some of the most common toilet problems you may encounter with it is clogged toilet plunger not working as well as clogged toilet with paper. Here are the typical reasons why you are experiencing clogging with your toilet.
Your drain line is clogged
There’s not enough water in the tank
Your low-flow toilet isn’t powerful enough
Hard water build up
Flushing foreign objects
Blockage in your plumbing system
Slow septic system
If you think one of the factors listed above is relatable to your clogged toilet concerns, better hire a certified plumber to diagnose it for you.
Do-It-Yourself Guide on How to Fix your Clogged Toilet
Having problems with our toilets are truly stressful such as a leaking toilet, clogged toilet, and many more. It affects the majority of the people living in a household, most especially those who have many members living together.
But what to do if toilet is clogged? If you are interested in learning more about it, refer to the tips listed below for your guide.
- Plunger and Dishwasher Soap – The soap will serve as a lubricant that will make the debris slide more easily. Pour about a half-cup of soap into the toilet, and wait for a few minutes.
- Put Hot Water – If dish soap did not work according to plans, then try to add hot water into the toilet from waist level. The force exerted by the water could dislodge whatever is blocking the toilet.
- DIY Drain Snake Using a Wire Hanger – A severe or much solid thing blocking the toilet often times require manual removal. If you do not have a plunger you could use a wire hanger by unraveling it until it’s straight and push the one end to the clogged area. Push it until you notice it slowly drains!
- Baking Soda Mixture – You must try this all-natural solution with the use of one cup of baking soda and two cups of vinegar. Leave it for a half hour, and allow it to fizz itself.
- Vacuum Valve – If you have a vacuum valve, it can be your last resort, but if you do not have one, you can also rent. In using it do not ever forget to wear rubber gloves!
After you’ve done all the tips above, have searched everywhere for clogged toilet remedy and still the DIY solutions didn’t make a significant difference to your clogged toilet, then maybe it is time for you to buy a new toilet. Here are some different types of toilet which will be helpful for you if you purchase a new one and to know which one suits best your needs. For your knowledge, kindly refer below.
Different Types of Toilet to Consider When Buying
- Pressure Assisted Toilets – If you are a fan of powerful flush, then a pressure assisted toilet is a must-have for you. It mainly uses pressurized air to force water into the toilet tank. If you have this, you will never experience a clogged toilet with paper.
- Double Cyclone Flush Toilets – For you to know, double cyclone flush toilets are often the latest option for some buyers. Buying this type of toilet will surely give a positive effect on your water bills as it uses less water compared to others.
- Dual-Flush Toilets – It has two flush button options which are for half flush and full flush. Generally, half flush is for liquid waste while the full flush is for solid waste. Although its price is significantly higher, it is water efficient, which is good for the environment as well as for your budget.
- Gravity-Flush Toilets – This type of toilet is commonly used in domestic properties. Its toilet tank holds water that will be dropped once you press the flush button. It has fewer parts compared to others, and is easy to maintain and can be used for a longer time than you expect.
- Waterless Toilets (Dry Sanitation) – It is suitable for areas or spaces with underdeveloped infrastructures, environmental or water deficiency problems. However, this type of toilet is not commonly used in households but rather in outdoor areas such as camping and event sites.
If All Else Fails, We Got Your Back!
Your clogged toilet still has a hope to be functional once more. Although it is hard to prevent malfunctions at all times, just know that our qualified professionals got you covered! To know more about 5 Star Best Plumbing and the services we offer, give us a beep today!